Flaxseed is part of the diet of all those people who want to contribute to their daily lives a nutritional supplement that provides them with healthy benefits in a natural way. Omega3, minerals, fiber and vitamins such as B1 and B6 are some of the components that, according to the most recent studies, have these seeds.
If you also want to include these benefits in your diet to increase your quality of life but you don't know how to do it, you don't have to worry; in we will explain how to prepare flaxseed so that you take advantage of each and every one of its qualities.You may also be interested: How to consume flaxseed
What is flaxseed for?
The properties of ground flaxseed are well known, because according to a large number of experts, these seeds provide the body with beneficial nutrients to combat certain ailments or to prevent them. Mainly, flaxseed serves to:
- Accelerate metabolism and burn fat: the fact that flaxseed has large amounts of fiber, helps the metabolism to work faster, improving the digestion and absorption of the nutrients we need.
- Regenerates intestinal flora: One of the properties of ground flaxseed that most attract people is that it is a very effective food to relieve the sensation of swelling and constipation, as well as to regenerate the intestinal flora.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: its anti-inflammatory power also makes it an excellent complement for the treatment of arthritis or tendonitis.
- Fight bad cholesterol: because of its high content of Omega3, flaxseed prevents and helps lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Provide energy: The calcium and magnesium that flax seeds contain are great helpers to take care of the bones and provide extra energy to the body.
- Skin benefits: Because flaxseed acts as a natural antioxidant, it is capable of providing a healthier and brighter appearance to the skin. If you want to discover all the beauty tips with flaxseed that you can take advantage of, check out this other article.
How to prepare flaxseed
Although many shops offer a multitude of flaxseed preparations ready to consume (in oil, powder, dragees, etc.), there is nothing like preparing flax seeds at home. How to prepare your own homemade flaxseed is simple and only requires a little of your time. Before preparing flaxseed it is important that you know that this It can be used and / or consumed in 3 different ways:
- Boiled or macerated in cold water
- In oil
Preparation of boiled or macerated flaxseed
Raw flax seed preparation has no difficulty. To do this, you will only need the seeds and a bowl or saucepan.
- If you are going to consume the boiled flaxseeds, you will have to put them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until their texture is soft.
- If, on the other hand, you prefer to macerate them in cold water, you will need to leave them overnight in a soaking bowl. In both cases, it is always recommended to attach 2 cups of water for each cup of flax seed.
Preparation of ground flaxseed
If you are wondering how to prepare ground flaxseed, first of all you will have to make yourself with flax seeds (to be able to be in organic stores), and buy some type of grinder or apparatus with which you can crush them. In the market there are specific grinders to grind the flax, but you can also use a coffee grinder, one of pepper and other spices and even (if you are going to consume the flax immediately and in liquid form) a blender or blender. The properties of ground flaxseed are multiple, so to benefit from them in a delicious way you must follow these steps:
- Insert a handful of flax seeds into the grinder or blender. Cover and simply grind until the seeds have become flour or, in the case of the blender, until they have dissolved in the water or liquid we have chosen (usually natural juice).
- If you are going to consume flaxseed immediately, you just have to mix or pour the flour together with the ingredients you want to create your favorite dish or recipe. If, on the contrary, you prefer to keep it for later, it is important that you know that flaxseed flour should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, but never more than 7 days.
Flaxseed Oil Preparation
Preparing flaxseed oil is an easy task but you will need a seed press. To get the oil you must do the following:
- Enter the desired amount of flax seeds, depending on the oil you want to obtain, in the press and proceed to pressing.
- Filter the oil obtained with a paper or cotton strainer.
- Keep the oil obtained in an airtight container and store it in a place free from drafts and moisture.
If you want to discover why you should start consuming this oil, do not miss this article on Benefits of flax oil.
Flax seeds: how to take them
Now that you know how to prepare flaxseed, we will reveal more information about flax seeds: how to take them and how to enjoy them in all kinds of recipes. These seeds have in themselves a very pleasant flavor that reminds of nuts, specifically nuts. If you feel like incorporating flaxseed into your daily life, you only have to do it in one of the following ways. Choose the method you like best and get ready to enjoy this delicious complement:
- For salads and soups: The first option, and a very simple one that will change the taste of your meals for the better, is to add flax seeds to your salads, soups, creams or vegetable dishes. You can also season your dishes with flaxseed oil.
- For dairy products: If you drink dairy products or products with vegetable milks, you can give them more flavor by adding flaxseed to yogurts, milkshakes or milk.
- Use them in the form of flour: Mix the flaxseed with the usual flour to make the bread dough, pizza or even other rich pastry products. Flaxseed cookies are delicious!
- Mix with breadcrumbs: If you do, you will see that flax flour is excellent for breading or batter croquettes, meat, tofu or seitan.
- Use it at breakfast: There are many who bet on adding flaxseed seeds to their breakfasts, because they bring a delicious flavor to cereals or porridge.
- Flaxseed Infusion: boil the linseed seeds with water and filter it. Then, add honey and lemon and enjoy a nutritious and antioxidant infusion. Flaxseed water is, in fact, one of the most used infusion for those who want to lose a few extra pounds. In this article on How to prepare flaxseed water to lose weight you will find a very useful step by step.
Flaxseed is a nutritious food and with many beneficial properties for the body. However, if you want to incorporate flaxseed into your diet and take any type of medication, you suffer from some type of pathology or disease or you are pregnant or breastfeeding It is very important that you always consult your GP.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to prepare flaxseedWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.